Jacksonville Drug Trafficking Attorney
Defending Against Drug Trafficking Charges in North Carolina
Drug trafficking is considered a very serious crime that can result in severe penalties in the state of North Carolina. If you have been charged with drug trafficking, it is important to pursue legal representation from an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. At The Trevor J. Avery Law Firm, our Jacksonville drug trafficking attorney is committed to providing our clients with the aggressive legal advocacy they need and deserve. We understand the gravity of your situation, which is why we will work tirelessly to build a strong defense on your behalf.
Call The Trevor J. Avery Law Firm today at (910) 405-8459 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our drug trafficking lawyer in Jacksonville.
What is Drug Trafficking?
Drug trafficking is a serious criminal offense involving the illegal manufacturing, distribution, transportation, or sale of controlled substances. In North Carolina, the law defines drug trafficking based on the type and quantity of the controlled substance involved. The severity of penalties varies depending on factors such as the type and amount of drugs, the defendant's criminal history, and whether the offense occurred near a school or other protected areas.
What are the Penalties for Drug Trafficking in North Carolina?
The penalties for drug trafficking convictions in North Carolina are severe and can have far-reaching consequences. Convictions may result in:
- Substantial fines
- Lengthy prison sentences
- Permanent criminal record
The severity of the punishment depends on the Schedule of the controlled substance involved and the quantity in possession. For example, trafficking in larger quantities typically carries more severe penalties.
Defenses Against Drug Trafficking Charges
Some common defenses against drug trafficking charges may include:
- Illegal Search and Seizure: If law enforcement violated your Fourth Amendment rights by performing an illegal search or seizure, the evidence obtained may be deemed inadmissible in court.
- Lack of Knowledge or Intent: Proving that you were oblivious of the presence of illegal drugs or that you lacked the intent to distribute them can be a viable defense strategy.
- Chain of Custody Issues: We can meticulously scrutinize the handling and storage of seized evidence to identify any discrepancies that may cast doubt on its integrity.
- Entrapment: If law enforcement induced you to commit a crime that you otherwise would not have committed, we may argue that you were a victim of entrapment.
- Insufficient Evidence: We can challenge the prosecution's evidence to ensure that they meet the burden of proof required for a conviction.
Contact Our Drug Trafficking Lawyer in Jacksonville Today
The consequences of a conviction are severe, and you need a skilled and dedicated advocate by your side. At The Trevor J. Avery Law Firm, our Jacksonville drug trafficking attorney will assess the details of your case, discuss your legal options, and create a strategic defense tailored to your unique circumstances. Your future is too important to leave to chance – let us fight for your rights and work towards the best possible resolution for your case.
Contact The Trevor J. Avery Law Firm today to get started with our Jacksonville drug trafficking attorney.
We Are Here to Help
Your attorney is not just someone you hire, it is someone who will stand with you during this difficult time. We are here for you.
Honesty & Integrity
At The Trevor J. Avery Law Firm, we pride ourselves on being a firm that holds the values of honesty and integrity.
Native of Jacksonville
Attorney Avery was born and raised in Jacksonville. He is known for his great reputation within the community.
We take the time needed to understand your situation and provide a customized solution to meet your needs.